Giving Pearls as a Gift
Who doesn’t love pearls? There’s something about the shimmering, lustrous organic gemstone that makes them so intriguing. Pearls have been valued and coveted for centuries, and a pearl gift is always appreciated and cherished.
Think about it. Who wouldn’t be delighted to receive pearls?
When giving jewellery as a gift, it’s important to consider the taste and style of the receiver, as well as how useful the jewellery will be to them. For most people, a beautifully designed piece of jewellery that they can wear on a regular basis, is an excellent choice. Beautiful jewellery of any sort is given to be worn, not tucked away in a jewellery box and saved for “special”. Make every day special.
Pearls make ideal jewellery gifts because:
- They are typically neutral coloured and suit all skin tones.
- Pearls can be worn with most outfits, be it casual or formal.
- They are valuable gemstones that don’t lose their value.
- They will be treasured and worn for years.
- They could be an heirloom and passed down to the next generation.
- Pearl jewellery is classic and always stylish;
- It is he birthstone for anyone born in June.
Some people choose jewellery gifts because of their beauty and design, while others also look for their symbolism and meaning.
What do pearls mean?
Traditionally, pearls have symbolised everlasting love, loyalty and wisdom. They also represent new beginnings and a fresh start. Because of their quintessentially white colour, pearls also represent purity, loyalty and innocence, which are traits associated with the colour white.
Pearls also have come to symbolise protection and strength, as in the past, wearing pearls was believed to ward off any evil. While you may not be superstitious, this connotation is still a nice one to have.
So, to recap, before you buy your pearl gift, here’s what you need to consider:
- The occasion and your budget
- The age of the receiver
- The general jewellery style of the receiver
- The type of pearl jewellery to choose
This story originally appeared on pearlwise.pro
Related Tag: Buy Pearls